Learning life skills is essential at Camp Cherith. As a result, the activities we offer work to build a camper's competence and confidence in particular areas. Activities offered are based on a child's age and skill level.
On Sunday, children choose three activities that they will rotate through one hour for each activity, Monday through Friday.
Skilled Activities with Certified Instructors Offered:
- American Red Cross Swimming Lessons
- Archery (6th grade and up)
- NRA Rifle Program (age 12 and up)
- Boating (6th grade and up, boating swim test on Sunday)
- Horsemanship and Riding Lessons (additional fee)
- Adventure Tree Climbing (age 7 and up, additional fee)
Other Activities (vary depending on staff availability):
- Outdoor Cooking
- Outdoor Living Skills
- Music and Drama