Camp Cherith of Western New York's mission is to transform lives, cultivate disciples and train leaders through a Bible-based, Christ-centered outdoor camping program for children and youth.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God and inerrant in their original writings and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and practice. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons--Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God: that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and that this nature is the origin of all sinful acts in thought, word and deed.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven and in His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in "the blessed hope", the personal, bodily return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ, are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost.